Call for Photos EXTENDED: "Life along the Danube"
Life Along the Danube
Call for Photos
Deadline extended: 30 April 2022
We are excited to learn about the Danube from your perspective!
Create an exhibition with us!
The Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM), Volkshochschule Landstraße (Vienna), Wiener Fotoschule and OeAD Cooperation Office Lviv invite you to send pictures portraying various aspects of life along the Danube. We aim at showing the Viennese audience the cultural and natural diversity and heritage of the second longest river in Europe along its banks.
What pictures are we interested in?
Give us an insight into life along the Danube in countries situated at the Danube*. Your pictures may show the natural beauty of the Danube, be it landscapes or pictures of nature. They may also show scenes from everyday life of humans and animals alike along the river. But you may also want to show us some relevant societal/ecological issues that you find important. We will select three pictures per country.
We are interested not only in your picture, but also in the story or message that you want to convey. You can express it in the photo description.
*Countries of interest: Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine
Who can participate?
- You can be an artist, you can be a student, you can be a pensioner and/or enthusiastic Instagram user: all we care about are your pictures of (life along) the Danube.
- There is no national or age limitation as to who can participate. So for example, if you do not come from the Danube Region, but you took a picture there, you can submit it.
We have no requirements for the equipment that you should take pictures with.
- Without your knowledge and permission, we will not use the pictures you send us for any other purpose than stated above.
- By sending the picture you give us the right to publish it in the exhibition if it gets selected.
The winning photos (3xcountry) will be displayed at an exhibition in Vienna. The person who makes the photo that our jury finds most impressive will be invited to the vernissage in Vienna. There also other special prizes!
The IDM and VHS are non-governmental institutions with educational goals. We will not profit financially from the exhibition. Entry will be free of charge for the wider public.
Vernissage: June 15, 2022
We are always curious about various sides of the Danube, not only for the sake of the exhibition. Feel free to tag us on Instagram or Twitter whenever you take a picture of something that we should learn about. Use @idmvienna and hashtags: #LifeAlongTheDanube #Danube_IDM
Exception: selfies (unless justified)
How to submit your picture?
- 1 ScienceCard for the fall semester 2022/23
- All „Landstraßer Protokolle“ as hardcopy
- 2 x free entry to events with focus on sexuality in fall Semester 2022/23
- 1 free group course (max. 7 meetings) of your choice in the summer semester June-September 2022
- 1 free-online group course (max. 7 meetings) of your choice in fall semester 2022/23
1 x annual IDM membership
1 x signed copy of "Balkan nach Europa - sofort"
1 x annual subscirption of "IDM Info Europa"
1 x issue of the "Donauraum" of your choice
Prizes sponsored by Wiener Fotoschule:
Voucher (189 Euro)
Prizes sponsored by the OeAD Cooperation Office Lviv:
3 x "Lemberg erlesen"