International Expert Round Table in Vienna: (Anti-) Human Trafficking in the Digital Age
International Round Table on
HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN THE DIGITAL AGE: The Interplay between ‚New‘ Technology, Trafficking and Anti-Human Trafficking
From Ignorance Production Towards Better Understanding of & Engagement with Human Trafficking-Related Aspects of Online Spaces & Internet Networks
organized in the framework of the
‚Regional Implementation Initiative on Preventing & Combating Human Trafficking‘ (Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe IDM)
in Cooperation with
CEIPA-Center for European and International Policy Action, EUSDR-EU Strategy for the Danube Region, ACT.NOW and the Vienna Office for Human Rights
Renowned international experts, practitioners, policy-makers, researchers and stakeholders will provide in-dephth information, facts and findings of recent studies/research/surveys/projects as well as analyse and discuss issues such as
- How has the digital age changed the modi operandi of human trafficking?
- In what ways has uncontrolled Internet communication facilitated greater impunity for smuggling, human trafficking and irregular migration?
- Do the new communication technologies trigger better protection of victims of trafficking and migrants in general, or are they even further put at risk?
- What are the perils of 'Big data' and the challenges to privacy of migrant workers and trafficked persons?
- How is Cybercrime fuelling digital underground economy while making the link with human trafficking?
- How to deal with polarized/‚alternative‘ facts and counteract ‚fake news' or rather distorted news about human trafficking?
- The importance of Ethical Standards in working with migrant workers and victims of trafficking.
- What ‚new‘ additional instruments need to be developed and implemented with regard to migration and anti-human trafficking in the changing world of digital age -
- at international, EU, regional, national, local levels?
- Beginn: Friday, 28. September 2018, 10:00 Uhr
- Ende: Friday, 28. September 2018, 16:00 Uhr
- Ort: Haus der Europäischen Union
- Adresse: Wipplingerstraße 35, 1010 Wien
- Auskunft: Helga Konrad
- Auskunft E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org