IDM PPS 3/2017: Europäische Nachbarschaft: Nationalstaatliche Interessen versus multilaterale Partnerschaft IDM PPS 3/2017
CALL FOR THE 2017 DR. ERHARD BUSEK SEEMO AWARD FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING The South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO), calls for nominations for the 2017 Dr Erhard Busek-SEEMO Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe. Eligible to be nominated are journalists, editors, media executives, media experts, writers or journalism trainers in South, East and Central Europe, who have contributed to promoting better understanding in the region and have worked towards ending minority-related problems, ethnic divisions, racism, xenophobia, gender discrimination, homophobia, etc. The winner will be awarded EUR 3,000.
The award is sponsored by Dr. Erhard Busek, former Vice-Chancellor of Austria, Jean Monnet Professor ad personam, President of the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe, Coordinator of the Southeast European Cooperative Initiative (SECI) and Former Special Coordinator of the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe.
The deadline for applications is 20 September 2017 noon Central European Time. All application materials must be received by the deadline.
Should you wish to nominate a candidate for the 2017 Dr. Erhard BusekSEEMO Award for Better Understanding in South, Eastern and Central Europe,please send the following materials :
1. Letter of nomination with basic details about the candidate and the reasons why you would like to nominate them, in English by email and registered post;
2. Curriculum Vitae of the candidate, in English, by email and registered post;
3. Additional materials: please include a list of the candidate's merits; information about the media outlet(s) that have published and/or broadcast the candidate's work; relevant material, including copies of articles, TV, video or radio material on a USB-stick.
Video, audio and print material in local languages should be accompanied by a short synopsis in English. If materials are available online, please send a document that lists the relevant links as supporting material. Additional materials MUST be sent as hard copies by registered post only, not by email.
Unfortunately, additional materials cannot be returned. Please make sure to send copies rather than original material.
4. Your contact information: name; address; cell phone, phone and fax number; email address, by email and registered post;
5. Candidate's contact information: name, address, phone number and email address,by email and registered post;
6. If you would like to nominate a media outlet, an organisation or an institution, please include details about the person who would accept the award on its behalf, by email and registered post;
7. If your nomination is supported by an organisation or a media outlet, please send us the name, email and phone of a contact person from the institution supporting your nomination and a short supporting letter, by email and registered post;
8. If your nomination is supported by an individual or individuals, please send us their details, contact information (email, phone) and a short supporting letter, by email and registered post.
For BUSEK AWARD South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO) (IPI office) Spiegelgasse 2 / 29 1010 Vienna Austria
The candidates must come from, work in or cover the following geographic area (SEEMO region): Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia / FYROM), Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
The winner will be chosen by an international jury composed of distinguished journalists and media experts. Members of the jury cannot be nominated for the award.
An official press release in November 2017 will announce the winner.
The award will be presented on 29 November 2017 in Sofia, Bulgaria by Dr. Erhard Busek during the annual meeting of the Commission on Media Policy. The winner will be invited to the presentation. Travel expenses of the winner will be covered by SEEMO.
Der Donauraum 1-2/2015 erschienen! Der Donauraum 1-2/2015
IDM PPS 2/2017: NATO-Beitritt Montenegros: Gezielte Provokation Russlands? IDM PPS 2/2017
Info Europa 2/2017 "Kulturführer Mitteleuropa" erscheint am 17.05.2017 als Beilage zur "Wiener Zeitung"