Call for Nominations: Danubius Young Scientist Award 2021
This award will be granted to 14 young scientists - one from each country (citizenship is crucial) that is part of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine). The award seeks to highlight the scientific work and talent of young researchers and enhance the visibility of the scientific community in the region: Moreover the award encourages young scientists to engage themselves in the scientific examination of the multifaceted issues and questions specifically related to the Danube Region.
The award will be endowed with 1.350 EUR for each winner of the Danubius Young Scientist Award.
The Call for nominations for 2021 is now open!
- Scientific excellence and innovative approach of the academic work
- Thematic relevance of the scientific work for issues/problems of the Danube Region
- Relevance of the scientific work beyond the national borders
- Potential of the candidate (for example: integration in international networks, participation in scientific projects, publication history, experience in teaching etc.)
- No formal age limit - but limitation to participants that have received their Master/PhD max. 5 years ago (= after 1st of January 2016)
- Submissions of candidates holding only a bachelor degree will not be accepted
The nomination of the award candidate cannot be made by the candidate himself/herself but he or she has to be nominated by their hosting scientific organization (university, academy of sciences, research organization etc.).
Candidates for the Danubius Young Scientist Award can come from all scientific disciplines. The number of nominations per organization is limited to a maximum number of 3, meaning every university, academy of sciences or research organization etc. can nominate up to a maximum of three candidates in total. However, the three candidates have to come from different faculties or departments, institutes or research groups within the organization (please ensure an internal coordination in your organization e.g. via the rectorate or management).
It is expected that the award ceremony will take place in October/November 2021. The details will be announced in due time.
Moreover, thanks to the ongoing kind support by the JRC, the awardees will be invited by the European Commission´s Joint Research Centre to visit the JRC in Ispra, Italy in 2022.
You can find more information in the Call for nominations here: