5th Young Scholars Forum, 2016
The 5thYoung Scholars Forum (YSF) on Central- and South East Europe
„Challenges and Opportunities of Migration in and from South East Europe“
Aims of the project:
- Promoting and encouraging young scholars to engage with Central and South East Europe;
- Presentation of research by young scholars to a wider public;
- Exchange among young and more advanced researchers on topics, methods, sources and results;
- Furthering mobility within the region;
- Publication of contributions and results;
Max. 30 Young scholars working on Central and South East Europe in the fields of cultural studies, history, anthropology, media studies, political sciences, geography and sociology.
Date and venue:
The symposium will take place December 01-03, 2016 in Vienna.
- Presentation of research papers/projects by high level experts and young scholars;
- (Plenary) discussions;
- Social and cultural programme;
Applications for participation may be submitted via e-mail by September 30, 2016 and have to include a full academic CV and an abstract (max. 1 page) of the research paper that shall be presented and discussed at the symposium.
Participation fee: € 100,-
Costs for travel expenses (up to €200), board & accommodation will be reimbursed by the IDM.
Please send applications to:
Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM)
Academic coordinator: Vicerector Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinz Faßmann, Applied Geography, Spatial Research and Spatial Planning at the Department of Geography and Spatial Research at the University of Vienna
The 5th Young Scholars Forum was supported by the CEI Cooperation Fund
- Beginn: Donnerstag, 01 Dezember 2016
- Ende: Samstag, 03 Dezember 2016
- Download: Programme 5th Young Scholars Forum-2.pdf