The 5thYoung Scholars Forum (YSF) on Central- and South East Europe
„Challenges and Opportunities of Migration in and from South East Europe“
Aims of the project:
- Promoting and encouraging young scholars to engage with Central and South East Europe;
- Presentation of research by young scholars to a wider public;
- Exchange among young and more advanced researchers on topics, methods, sources and results;
- Furthering mobility within the region;
- Publication of contributions and results;
Max. 30 Young scholars working on Central and South East Europe in the fields of cultural studies, history, anthropology, media studies, political sciences, geography and sociology.
Date and venue:
The symposium will take place December 01-03, 2016 in Vienna.
- Presentation of research papers/projects by high level experts and young scholars;
- (Plenary) discussions;
- Social and cultural programme;
Applications for participation may be submitted via e-mail by September 30, 2016 and have to include a full academic CV and an abstract (max. 1 page) of the research paper that shall be presented and discussed at the symposium.
Participation fee: € 100,-
Costs for travel expenses (up to €200), board & accommodation will be reimbursed by the IDM.
Please send applications to:
Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM)
Mag. Sebastian Schäffer, MA
phone: (+43 1) 3197258-32
Academic coordinator: Vicerector Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinz Faßmann, Applied Geography, Spatial Research and Spatial Planning at the Department of Geography and Spatial Research at the University of Vienna
- Beginn: Donnerstag, 01. Dezember 2016, 09:15 Uhr
- Ende: Samstag, 03. Dezember 2016, 20:30 Uhr
- Ort: Fachhochschule bfi Wien
- Adresse: Wohlmutstraße 22, 1020 Wien
- Auskunft: Mag. Sebastian Schäffer, MA
- Auskunft E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auskunft Telefonnummer: (+43 1) 3197258 32