September 8, 2020 - September 9, 2020
08:00 - 22:00 CEST/CET
27th Conference of the Working Group Sustainability / Soil Protection of the Working Community of the Danube Regions
HUMUS, LIVING LABS, HEDGES & EARTH COLOURS (HU-LA-HE) Best Practices for EU-Mission Soil Health and Food – innovate, demonstrate & communicate
Soil is the foundation of terrestrial life. Preserving healthy soils that can deliver all services for the global biogeochemical cycles, the functioning of ecosystems and human demands is equally important as combating climate change.
This conference is dedicated to exploring the close connection between soil and human health. Based on an assessment of the soils´ health status (“health check and diagnosis” – soil monitoring) we will discuss innovations for sustainable use and protection (“guidelines for a healthy life”), and rehabilitation (“vaccination, surgery and cure”) of soils, and related aspects of demonstration and communication to stakeholders and the public.
The conference programme comprises presentations by scientists and innovative practitioners, workshops at BOKU´s University and Research Centre Tulln (UFT), and field excursions to the Grand Farm and the Experimental Station Zinsenhof, all located in Lower Austria. With this format, the conference will serve as an open forum for the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and know-how between different groups of stakeholders interested in sustaining soil health for future generations. Moreover, it is deemed to bring together participants from Danube countries and other parts of the world to share experiences about soil health and its preservation in a differential environmental and societal context.
We warmly welcome oral and poster contributions from all Danube countries as well as case studies from abroad. We encourage in particular the participation and presentations of students.
Please find a detailed programme attached as a PDF.
- Beginn: Dienstag, 08. September 2020, 08:00 Uhr
- Ende: Mittwoch, 09. September 2020, 22:00 Uhr
- Ort: UFT / BOKU Tulln
- Adresse: Konrad Lorenz Strasse 24, 3430 Tulln an der Donau, Austria
- Auskunft: Klemens Rybaczek (Association BIENE)
- Auskunft E-Mail: email@example.com
- Auskunft Telefonnummer: +43664 538 93 77
- Anmeldung: www.unserboden.at/registration
- Info: Early bird registration until August, 10th, 2020 (Fee: € 120 regular participants, € 60 students) Late registration after August 10th, 2020 (Fee: € 200 regular participants, € 100 students) Number of participants limited, valid only after confirmation.